Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ESPN NFL
Latest topics
» Ward easy choice for Fighter of the Year
How do you feel about Marvin's return? EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:27 am by chujingchen

» Jaguars given permission to interview Mularkey
How do you feel about Marvin's return? EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:17 pm by xiaojin

» Avacs Live chat
How do you feel about Marvin's return? EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 am by not

» Meet your hot water demands with a solar hot water system.
How do you feel about Marvin's return? EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 7:02 am by ChaseEvelyn

» On the clock..
How do you feel about Marvin's return? EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:07 pm by Cinc4ever1

» Ballad of the Bengals
How do you feel about Marvin's return? EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:57 am by BlitzingTiger

» Christina Perri
How do you feel about Marvin's return? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 am by BlitzingTiger

» Carlos Dunlap makes the all rookie team
How do you feel about Marvin's return? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 12:29 am by BlitzingTiger

» Reds land Renteria and Lewis
How do you feel about Marvin's return? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 am by SunsetBengal

Radio

How do you feel about Marvin's return?

+2
Shady
BlitzingTiger
6 posters

Go down

How do you feel about Marvin's return? Empty How do you feel about Marvin's return?

Post by BlitzingTiger Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:00 pm

With Marvin Lewis now remaining the head coach for two more years, what are your thoughts about it. Should the Bengals have looked for a new coach, or is Marvin's signing good good for this team going forward?
BlitzingTiger
BlitzingTiger
Who Dey Nation Founder
Who Dey Nation Founder

Membership Points : 5223

http://whodey.fanbb.net

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about Marvin's return? Empty Re: How do you feel about Marvin's return?

Post by Shady Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:58 pm

I supported it strategically. He's a good guy and all that. A terrible game manager and all. But I supported him IF he got the changes he wanted. I think all he got was a "promise to consider" changes to the coaching staff. I hope he gets more than that, but I'm not optimistic. With all our weapons, we couldn't score to save our lives. We were great between the 20s, but awful in the Red Zone. That's gotta change, and I have little faith in Brat.

Shady
Draft Pick

Membership Points : 4922

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about Marvin's return? Empty Re: How do you feel about Marvin's return?

Post by BlitzingTiger Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:12 am

I agree with ya Shady. He's got things he needs to improve on, but I'm OK with him being back. Although, if he didn't get anything he ask for, then I'm kind of disappointed in him!
BlitzingTiger
BlitzingTiger
Who Dey Nation Founder
Who Dey Nation Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:18 am

I've been wrong before (e.g., TO will help get us to the Super Bowl), but I really do believe that Marvin wants to win. Mike Brown could be another story.

Shady
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by BlitzingTiger Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:21 am

Shady wrote:I've been wrong before (e.g., TO will help get us to the Super Bowl), but I really do believe that Marvin wants to win. Mike Brown could be another story.

Yeah, I have no doubt Marvin wants to win badly! I just wish Mike would get the hell out of the way and let Marvin do his thing!
BlitzingTiger
BlitzingTiger
Who Dey Nation Founder
Who Dey Nation Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:25 am

I just hope the Brat thing gets settled soon. I'm so sick of the same old crap on the boards.

Shady
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by BlitzingTiger Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:28 am

Shady wrote:I just hope the Brat thing gets settled soon. I'm so sick of the same old crap on the boards.

Willie Anderson made me a little nervous recently with his statement about the staff returning! No Hope this is not the case!
BlitzingTiger
BlitzingTiger
Who Dey Nation Founder
Who Dey Nation Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:35 am

I think Willie heard half a truth and made the mistake of repeating it to the wrong people ON TWITTER.

Nobody knows, and it's frustrating as hell to not know. I think it's going to be over by the end of the month. Maybe after the Super Bowl at the latest. We're just trying to get the person Marvin wants...or so I hope.

Shady
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by BlitzingTiger Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:44 am

Shady wrote:I think Willie heard half a truth and made the mistake of repeating it to the wrong people ON TWITTER.

Nobody knows, and it's frustrating as hell to not know. I think it's going to be over by the end of the month. Maybe after the Super Bowl at the latest. We're just trying to get the person Marvin wants...or so I hope.

If they bring back everyone but Brat, I can live with that! I just want new blood at OC!
BlitzingTiger
BlitzingTiger
Who Dey Nation Founder
Who Dey Nation Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nati Cat Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:07 am

Shady wrote:I've been wrong before (e.g., TO will help get us to the Super Bowl), but I really do believe that Marvin wants to win. Mike Brown could be another story.

Yeh, I like Marvin, I want him to do well 'cause it means we do well! Smile
Nati Cat
Nati Cat
Draft Pick

Membership Points : 5100

Back to top Go down

Post by Shady Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Nati Cat wrote:

I don't dislike him. I wish I had more inside information about how players perceive him as a head coach.

Also, how did you figure out how to post a pic ?

Shady
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by BlitzingTiger Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Shady wrote:
Nati Cat wrote:

I don't dislike him. I wish I had more inside information about how players perceive him as a head coach.

Also, how did you figure out how to post a pic ?

Click on Profile at top of page, then click on Avatar or Signature(depending on what you want), then either upload a pic or use a URL of a pic. ON the Avatar page, there is also a avatar gallery in which you can choose one.
BlitzingTiger
BlitzingTiger
Who Dey Nation Founder
Who Dey Nation Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Cold Steeler Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:31 am

Mervin SUCKS, you guys are really screwed with him back Twisted Evil
Stone Cold Steeler
Stone Cold Steeler
Draft Pick

Membership Points : 4891

Back to top Go down

Post by SunsetBengal Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:39 am

I would have liked to seen the Bengals be a little more aggressive in looking at other candidates, particularly ones with a solid history of winning/motivating players to want to win. The problem is that we all know that is not the Bengals managements' way of doing things.

As for re-signing Marvin Lewis? If the FO were to give him more institutional control, we may see a renewed enthusiasm from the team. Similar to '05 and '06, when it was looking as if ML could bring this team out of the culture of losing mentality. So, I guess that I'm gonna expect nothing, but hope for everything.
SunsetBengal
SunsetBengal
Super Moderator

Membership Points : 4985

Back to top Go down

Post by Orange-N-Black Attack! Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:53 am

SunsetBengal wrote:I would have liked to seen the Bengals be a little more aggressive in looking at other candidates, particularly ones with a solid history of winning/motivating players to want to win. The problem is that we all know that is not the Bengals managements' way of doing things.

As for re-signing Marvin Lewis? If the FO were to give him more institutional control, we may see a renewed enthusiasm from the team. Similar to '05 and '06, when it was looking as if ML could bring this team out of the culture of losing mentality. So, I guess that I'm gonna expect nothing, but hope for everything.

I always go into the off season with unrealistic hopes, but sometimes it becomes a reality like '05 and '09. It's always a crap shoot rooting for this team, but we do it anyway! No

Orange-N-Black Attack!
Draft Pick

Membership Points : 5020

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum